For Award Associate Members
For additional help, please email Jeff at firstname.lastname@example.org
PRODUCTS & COLLECTIONS
There are a couple ways to add products to your store but for this section we're focusing on adding one or several products and not a bulk method (csv import).
There are several ways to do this, if you're only changing prices on a couple products then you can do this from the Shopify product page for the product you're updating. From your Shopify home page, simply click products and use the search filter to search for the product you'd like to edit. Once on the product page, scroll down and you will see the price. Simply type in your new price and click save.
FOR BULK EDITING, WATCH THE VIDEO.👉
Add and remove tags on a specific product's details page. Filter products by tag on the Products page and the Inventory page. Use product tags as selection criteria when you're building an automatic collection or as filters when you're creating a menu. When a customer searches for a term that matches a product tag, the tagged products appear in search results but the tags aren't displayed to the customer.
Collections (aka categories) are a group of products (trophies, medals, plaques, etc.) Your store comes with roughly 40 collections from Trophies to Desk accessories but some store owners may want to add their own collections for apparel, regional products, patriotic and so on. Here's how...👉
Capturing and fulfilling orders is a relatively simple process but could look slightly different depending on your shipping settings and carriers. This is a general "how-to" and will cover the majority of store owners. For more detailed instructions, please contact me at email@example.com
You will receive your payments automatically (in most cases) from Shopify. You can set up your payment parameters, accounts, etc in the "settings">payments section of your Shopify account. Here is a helpful link with more detailed info.
Some store owners may want to add a prefix or suffix to their order numbers. For example, you may want to add the year to your order (23-xxxxx) or possibly your store name or abbreviation. Here's how👉
After you've registered with tax authorities and have your tax number, you can set up your taxes. You only need to perform this task one time.
Here is a detailed explanation from Shopify on setting up your taxes.
Before you make any changes to your theme, it's best to create a backup (copy) and work from that. Once your changes have been made you can publish your edited theme live.
1. From your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Themes.
2. For the theme that you want to duplicate, click the ... button to open the actions menu, and then click Duplicate.
The duplicate theme appears on the Themes page. It is named Copy Of + the name of the theme that you duplicated.
Follow this link to learn how to make edits to your theme. 👉 https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/online-store/themes/customizing-themes/edit#before-you-customize-your-theme
Your store has the ability to have multiple home page (aka hero or slideshow) banners. Perhaps you want to add or remove your banners. It's a simple process to do but make sure your images are all the same size (width and height) to keep your site cohesive.
Editing your menu's is a simple process for both header and footer menu's. Here's how 👉
You can easily add/remove and arrange your collections that are showing on your home page. Here's how 👉
Most of your sites colors, fonts, font sizing and other settings like adding social media links, can be changed from within the theme customizer. Here's how.👉
Shopacado Volume Discounts
Upon opening the Shoacado app...
1. Click on 'Offers' in the navigation menu.
2. Select 'Create Offer' on the right side of the screen.
3. You will be shown a dropdown menu to let you choose the type of offer you want to provide. You can choose between the these options,
a. Volume discount
b. Spend amount
c. Buy X for $
In this example, we are selecting ‘Volume discount’.
4. Next, you can fill in the quantity and the discount details. Click on 'Add Row' to add more tiers to the offer.
5. Next, you need to select the products or collections for which the discount is shown. You can also apply the offer to the entire store by checking the box "Apply to Entire Store".
6. Change your option for how you want to sum up quantities, if it is per variant, per product, or across all selected items. Summing quantities gives us optionality to use this offer for multiple items that might apply to the same offer (ie. Buy any of the following items to reach the minimum quantity of 10 or you must buy 10 of each item to get the discount)
7. Select the type of discount table you would like to show for the offer on the product page.
8. Fill in the message you want to show shoppers when they see the volume discount— product page message, upsell message, and success message.
9. Additionally, you can add a start time, end time, and choose to show the offer to only tagged customers. Learn more here 1
10. Click on ‘Save’ at either the top or bottom of the page.
View support document
Upon opening the Shoacado app, you can make changes to the table within the app. Here's how:
1. Under 'Settings', click on 'Discount Table' -> 'Design'.
2. The changes you make can be viewed in real time in the preview section. This will closely match what is rendered on your store.
Note: be sure to add a dark color and border width of at least 1 to see the table borders/lines.
Ensure the table is enabled for your offer, most scenarios will have the same settings as the image below.
The notification bar allows you to communicate an offer that you setup. Notification bars apply to offers of type "Spend Amount - Get Discount" and "Buy X for $". This is a great way to draw attention to your offer on the product / cart pages to drive more revenue.
The bar can be configured via Settings -> Notification Bar. We've given the flexibility to customize many attributes listed below along with the ability to change where the bar appears (see image below).
AOD Order Limits (Min-Max)
To set the order total amount limit please follow the below step.
1. Go to the Global order limit section.
2. Find the “Cart subtotal limits (Optional)” option in the Global order limit section.
3. Set min-max value according to your requirements in the ‘Cart subtotal limits. (Max order limit is optional).
Product base limit Ex. If you have product X and its variant a.b.and c and you set a minimum quantity limit of 5 for product X then the customer can purchase a minimum of 5 products in combination of a,b and c.
1. Go to the Product base limit section.
2. In the Product base limit section set the min, max, and step(multiple of) quantities for a product according to your requirements.
Yes, You are able to set the collection base limit.
1. Go to the Collection base limit section.
2. In the collection-based limit section set the min, max, and quantities for a product according to your requirements
*This page is a work in progress and will be updated regularly with your FAQ's.